Adirondack Wildland Guides Association
Code of Ethics
- The Profession
- I will, to the best of my ability, assist, promote,and otherwise support the profession of Outdoor Guide and make every effort to provide competent and reliable guide services in New York State.
- Multiple Use
- I will support equal access to the lands and waters of New York State for recreational, educational, and sporting purposes for all. I will promote conservation and a rational use of the environment.
- The Environment
- I will subscribe to a professional standard of wilderness travel and low-impact environmental usage. I will aquire a useful knowledge of local natural history, and the ability and willingness to impart this knowledge to my clients. I will maintain orderly, sanitary, and environmentally sound camps at all times.
- Respect for the Law
- I will fully cooperate with all wildlife officials, law enforcement officers, private landowners, and public land management agencies. I will abide by, and advise my clients of, all applicable conservation and game laws, statutes, and regulations, and will not condone their violation.
- Equipment and Services
- I will provide clean, well maintained, serviceable equipment and gear that is adequate for all conditions likely to be encountered. I will employ competent and courteous personnel in sufficient numbers to adequately care for the comfort of my clients. I will offer reasonably well-prepared and balanced camp fare for clients and employees in keeping with the nature of the trip.
- Accurate Information
- I will provide accurate information to my clients. This includes weather conditions, terrain, fish and game populations, and the equipment, physical endurance, and skills required for the activity to be undertaken.
- I will at all times do my best to provide for the safety of my clients.
- Trophies and Limits
- I will not fill clients game tags or limits of fish or game, nor condone improper or unlawful activity by them.
- Truthful Advertising
- I will not misrepresent rates, services and/or accommodations, nor otherwise mislead clients through false advertising.